[fonosfera] how to flash an unused Fonera 2.0g with very old firmware

agent smith agentsmith at email.it
Tue Oct 25 19:52:23 UTC 2011

Hello,
sorry for the html email :)

In the end I managed to restore it using redboot. The instructions were
perfect. I read somewhere in the blog that the default failsafe image
was broken, so it would explain why it refused any kind of firmware I
tried to upload. I flashed Tantor, then from the web interface I jumped
straight to 2.3.7.0 beta2.

The latest firmware works very well when used as a 3G router, however
the supported internet key list is quite limited.
What information do you need to add a new internet key? USB device info?
Chipset used inside?

It would be great if something like they did on TP-Link 3G router could
be implemented: the ability to upload new "profiles" to extend internet
keys recognition without waiting for a new firmware release.

Keep up the good work,
Niccolo'