[fonosfera] Astrill vpn : In incoming months we will add full support for OpenWRT based routers, for example Fonera.
steven at leeman.be
Fri Dec 17 09:09:34 UTC 2010
I just saw the following tweet :
<http://twitter.com/astrill/statuses/15563784244432896>In incoming months we
will add full support for OpenWRT based routers, for example Fonera.about 8
hours ago <http://twitter.com/astrill/status/15563784244432896> via web
<http://twitter.com/astrill/statuses/15563784244432896>Now what is Astrill?
Fonosfera's Openvpn plugin allows you to use your fonera 2.0n as an openvpn
server (and create clients for your family members on the road)
Neorouter FON plugin allows you to create your own P2P VPN-network... (
Astrill VPN seems to have dedicated OpenVpn servers everywhere in the world
at big datacenters
Martin will probably like the "Bypass geographical blocks from certain
websites"-part ... hopefully it will work with Hulu from Europe as if we
were in the USA :-)
What is Astrill ?
- Astrill is a plug-and-play VPN application which connects your computer
with Astrill servers using a 128-bit SSL encrypted tunnel thus making your
Internet connection secure and protected from eavesdropping and hackers.
Why use Astrill VPN?
- Astrill secures your Internet connection when using Internet at public
places (for example open WiFi Hotspots at airports, cafes, hotels).
- Home Internet Users - Cable and DSL providers are well known for not
filtering their network from exploits!
- Travelers and expats - use Astrill VPN to access content of domestic
web sites not available in the country you are residing temporarily.
- Unlimited access for VOIP and P2P Applications (for example Skype)
- Bypass geographical blocks from certain websites
- Full anonymity by hiding your real IP address. Stop sites to track you
- Unlike a proxy, you get secured connection for all programs you are
using, (e.g ICQ, Email, FTP, News and anything that uses a Internet
What makes Astrill better than other VPN providers ?
- Astrill is trully plug-and-play - you don't need to be a computer
expert to use Astrill. With just a few clicks you are connected to our
secure VPN and ready to surf the Internet securely.
- Astrill brings trully unique and secure technology with a lot more
features than any other VPN provider. Most other VPN providers use outdated
and unsecure PPTP technology developed 20 years ago. PPTP is not just easy
to decrypt but can also reveal your real IP address.
- All-in-one service: use Astrill OpenWeb, OpenVPN (SSL VPN) and
L2TP/IPSec with the same account. Switch between Astrill servers with a
simple mouse click any time you like. Most other providers will charge you
extra for additional locations and additional VPN protocols.
- High speed connection - Our quality network built by professionals
ensures your VPN service will be fast wherever you are. All our servers are
connected to gigabit Tier-1 Internet providers: Hurricane Electric, Global
Crossing, Cogent, Level3, Above Net, PCCW, China Telecom, KDDI, Telia
- No bandwidth limitation. Download as much as you wish ! Our main
datacenter in Los Angeles has allocated 20-gigabit of internet connectivity
just for Astrill !
- 99% service up time
- You can trust us! Don't buy a VPN account from a company that is not
established. There are new VPN sites emerging every day. All they have is a
site and a PayPal account. Can you trust them ?
- Complete anonymity and privacy: No logs are kept.
- No recurring payments - Pay as you go ! Best value for your money
- Free 24x7x365 support: Live Chat, Remote Desktop, Support Tickets,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Development