[fonosfera] google groups

Steven Leeman steven at leeman.be
Fri Jul 17 07:53:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Coen de Jong<coen at shifthappens.nl> wrote:
> Not to ridicule the effort and usability of a mailing list, but isn't
> it a good idea to choose a more user friendly and easier to handle
> medium? I vote for Google Groups, since it resembles quite a bit of
> the mailing list characteristics, but has more tools to reply and
> communicate with each other.

the only advantage with GoogleGroups is that you only need a "browser"
to join the mailinglist...and no more a "mailreader"...
It seems Coen has issues with his emailreader or isp mailsettings or
antispam filter or something in that combination...
Googlegroups is an answer to get rid of the mailer dependancy...
mailman only offers to "read" the existing mailthreads with a browser;
not respond to them using the browser.

I have no issues with any of them...

Greetz,
Steven