[fonosfera] kmod-ipv6

Steven Leeman steven at leeman.be
Mon Dec 21 12:02:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Paolo Valleri <ilvalle at email.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I compiled the package kmod-ipv6 for my fonera2.0n with this command:
> make package/kernel/{clean,compile,install}  V=99
> Then, I sent & installed on the fonera the package:
> opkg -d disk install kmod-ipv6_2.6.21-fonera2n-1_mipsel.ipk
>
> you could make the "kmod-ipv6" * instead of an "M" with make menuconfig

then try run :  "make V=99"
and find the ipv6 compliant "firmware" in subfolder "bin"
and flash that... you will now have the first ipv6 fonera :-)

in the next paragraph replace "fonera2" with "fonera2n" and "mips" with
mipsel to read it as "fonera 2.0n"  instead of "fonera2.0g"

Built Binaries ¶ <http://trac.fonosfera.org/fon-ng/wiki/build#BuiltBinaries>

   - Binary image are found in *~/fon-ng/trunk/openwrt/bin*:
      - *loader.bin* is the second stage Meraki loader
      - *openwrt-fonera2-vmlinux.image* is the kernel image
      - *openwrt-fonera2.image* is the binary image of fon-ng. It contains
      the rootfs and the kernel for the Fonera 2.0 and can be directly
written to
      the *image* partition.
      - Each file is as well available in Executable and Linkable
Format<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format>
   - Packages are found in *~/fon-ng/trunk/openwrt/bin/packages/mips*. Note
   that both the ones included in the built image and the ones compiled as
   package are there.

snippet from www.fonosfera.org -> wiki -> how to build...